The Pricing & Decisioning team at Fair sits between the analysis and modeling from our Machine Learning team and Fair's high-volume production pipelines, transforming complex vehicle and user data into elegant underwriting and pricing models for Fair’s product offerings. We're expanding our team with a remote Senior Python Software Engineer position.
Reporting to our Pricing & Decisioning Engineering Manager, you will use your experience managing high-volume backend services to work with front-end engineers, data scientists, designers and product experts to build the services that guide the next generation of our digital store. You appreciate solving tough problems, can translate complex requirements into clean architecture, and improve the quality of any codebase you work on.
- Improve microservices across Fair's backend infrastructure
- Translate feature requirements and proposals into concrete architecture proposals
- Solve production issues
- Work with Analytics, Data Science, and Platform teams to improve our processes.
- Build an understanding of our pricing and decisioning to advise future development
- Expert experience writing Python services
- Expert experience designing for service-oriented architectures
- Experience writing unit, functional and integration tests
- Experience writing ad-hoc SQL queries
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and gRPC
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing backend services
- Experience writing Ruby and Golang
- Experience implementing monitoring best practices
- Experience with data science and machine learning techniques
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It’s Fair’s policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.