Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space, starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using additive manufacturing and automation.
You will be responsible for the design, analysis, and build of hardware for our propulsion systems. Examples include ducts, support structures, manifolds, turbopumps, thrust chambers, injectors, and heat exchangers. Designs will be informed by both fluid and structural analytical and computational models. You will work closely with propulsion and vehicle teams to leverage the power of 3D printing and topology optimization to dramatically reduce the cost, weight, and part count. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with computer aided design software
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and commercial tools such as Ansys, Abaqus, or Nastran
- Experience in the design of liquid propulsion components and systems
- Experience leading teams and/or mentoring
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.