At Relativity, our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using 3d printed parts. In order to execute on those advantages, we need strong technical leaders to ensure we are making the best use of our capabilities, and strong project managers to make sure we are controlling cost and executing as quickly as we can while maximizing overall performance. As a Senior Propulsion Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, manufacture and test of critical components for the Aeon Propulsion System. You will report to the Director of Propulsion.
The mission of a Senior Propulsion Design Engineer is to design and develop key components of the Aeon Propulsion System. You will be responsible for the full product lifecycle management of the components from initial concept through detailed design, manufacture, and test. Example components are the Main Injector, Quad Pod, TVC and Gimbal System, and Heat Exchangers. You will leverage the power of 3D printing and topology optimization to dramatically reduce the cost, weight, and part count of the Aeon Propulsion System. You will work closely with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure a producible product the can be manufactured at scale and deliver components to the Engine Assembly for integration and test. The success of Relativity is also highly dependent on your willingness to recruit, build, and mentor a world class team.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree (BS) in Aerospace/Mechanical engineering or related field and 3+ years relevant work experience
- Experience developing and designing rocket engine components
- Experience with Computer Aided Design tools
- FEM Structural Analysis
- Strong project management skills through the lifecycle of a product
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing for 3D printing
- Hands on experience with component fabrication and integration
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Aerospace/Mechanical engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience with Creo and Windchill PLM systems.
- Experience in the design of liquid propulsion components and systems.
- Experience with topology optimization programs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.