Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space, starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using additive manufacturing and automation.
You will lead the development of the valves and mechanisms used on our Aeon-1 and Aeon-vac propulsion systems. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. This position is ideal for early-career engineers who want to be part of a small, high-performance team.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop component specifications
- Work with vendors on component development and production, including product definition, testing, and issue resolution
- Develop and execute component flight qualification and acceptance test plans (e.g. vibration, shock, thermal cycle, life cycle, burst, etc.)
- Provide technical support for test operations at headquarters, test and launch sites, and at vendor locations
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
- Clear evidence of ownership from work experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Graduate degree in an engineering field
- Experience in the design of liquid propulsion components and systems
- Experience leading teams and/or mentoring
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.