Senior Power Systems Engineer (Greater LA Area, CA)
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect next generation power systems for Anduril’s ground-based products, spanning battery powered devices through multi-kW off-grid products
- Provide leadership to drive innovation in applying modern renewable energy, power distribution, power conversion, and energy storage technologies to defense industry challenges
- Perform power system analysis, simulation, and testing to determine optimal solutions
- Develop and document system-level interconnect and harnessing meeting the needs of our power delivery & distribution hardware
- Design power electronics from concept to functional prototype, including hardware selection, schematic & PCB design, board bring-up, and system level integration
- Work closely with other electrical, mechanical, software, firmware, and test engineers to deliver fully functional products
- Work in a fast-paced environment supporting new developments, active deployments, and customer operated hardware
- Concurrently manage involvement in multiple projects at various stages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience
- Experience with photovoltaic (PV) systems, lithium-ion batteries, AC & DC power conversion topologies and control systems
- Familiarity with utility/power grid electronics, grid-tied inverters, delta/wye transformers, three-phase power distribution
- Familiarity with high power (10+kW) and high voltage (>100V) design, testing, and lab safety
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient with Altium Designer or equivalent electronic design automation design tools
- Proficiency with C/C++ and common languages (Python, Rust, Haskell, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.