Senior PHP/Wordpress Developer
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is a leading digital marketer and provider of online solutions that enable people to save money across a variety of personal finance products. Our websites, including LowerMyBills.com, WalletJoy.com and PolicyPilot.com, are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform and power the connection of millions of people every year with a wide range of financial institutions who are able to help improve those people’s lives.
We are looking for a Sr. PHP/Wordpress Developer to join our Engineering Team. This person will design, implement and manage Wordpress based consumer websites and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Write well-documented, modular, reusable code that translates UI/UX designs into web applications.
- Use standard debugging and testing strategies for maintaining quality.
- Optimize applications for speed, scalability and rendering on various devices.
- Collaborate with local and/or remote team members and stakeholders for timely deliveries.
- Create custom themes, plug-ins and REST integrations for WordPress sites.
- Research, establish, and enforce code and design standards for maintainability, usability, and accessibility.
- Mentor, oversee and review the work of other staff on technical matters.
- Review and always be up on the latest trends in your field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in web development and programming.
- 3 years in PHP5+ and a solid grasp of object-oriented design principles required.
- Good knowledge of developing in WordPress standards.
- Experience creating custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Experience using version control such as GIT.
- Expertise in developing with SQL based databases.
- Experience with converting Conceptual Art/Mock ups into HTML.
- Experience with building responsive design for customer facing application.
- Good understanding of security and accessibility web standards such as OWASP, WAI-ARIA etc.
Read Full Job Description