Senior Packaging Engineer
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer to lead packaging engineering function for our rapidly growing business. This role will be responsible for the concept, design, development, documentation creation, validation and release of packaging for our products.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Build strong cross functional relationships in the support of new product launches and other key initiatives
- Identify and lead margin improving technical packaging innovations across the portfolio on time and on budget.
- Design, plan and implement system of document control procedures including technical plans, experimental reports, financial analysis, and management update for the technical packaging function.
- Define, implement and own packaging engineering standards across all product categories.
- Work across co-manufacturing base and internal distribution network to create efficiencies and cost savings.
- Define and drive the considerations required to deliver the best overall design of our products for the consumer, distribution and manufacturing networks.
- Support quality systems around packaging acceptance criteria.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA/BS in Engineering: Chemical, Mechanical or Packaging, Mathematics, or other related field
- 5+ years related experience
- Background in packaging development, ASTM testing protocol definition, functional and cosmetic standard definition, and experience working with a variety of packaging technologies, including but not limited to: bottles, jars, lids, folding cartons, rigid boxes, blister cards, corrugated materials, and palletizations.
- Relationship Building
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Can build strategy and execute
- Can work under minimal supervision
- Strong technical skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo