Senior Mobile Engineer
Factual’s mission is to organize and optimize the world’s location information. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people. Our data set covers over 100 million places, 477 categories in 52 countries.
We are excited to add a Senior Mobile Engineer to our growing Engine team. Engine is a core offering from Factual, providing on-device location targeting as well as gleaning data for marketing insights. You'll be working on a small team delivering an ambitious machine-learning based SDK with a focus on building out parts of the product that will be directly interfaced to by other developers. You should be passionate about shipping quality code, tenacious about optimizations that matter to the end user, and is excited and proud to share your work.
- 5 years professional software development experience with a focus on testing and continuous delivery.
- Experience with modern C++ programming focused on code quality, simplicity, and ease of maintenance
- Experience in either the Android or iOS (Objective-C) ecosystems
- Strong CS fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with mobile accelerometer and location sensors
- GIS or geospatial experience
- Solid machine learning fundamentals
- Experience integrating third party frameworks. We have a practical attitude towards build vs. buy.