Senior Mobile Developer
Smarkets is a technology company based in central London, Malta, and Los Angeles. We've built one of the world's largest event exchange, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better prices than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion is to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing tech-led team of over 100, with more than 30 nationalities, and our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenges, and our team members' experiences show this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, and PhDs at one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe.
We're building native mobile applications for Android and iOS to facilitate reliable and low-latency trading with thousands of executions per second and in-depth data feeds to help create informed decisions. You will be joining a team of 5 frontend engineers who work on a React/React-Native codebase.
- Write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style.
- Develop and improve mobile applications.
- Define your own role within the context of self-management (we'll help you get settled)
- Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS and understanding of the best practices
- Must have proven experience with React-Native and Redux
- Good familiarity with REST APIs and Websockets
- Experience using the latest web stacks or libraries
- Ability to write clean, componentized and well-tested code, heavily favouring reuse
- Experience in developing cross-platform mobile applications
- A track record of writing performant code whilst bearing user accessibility in mind
- Ability to write responsive and adaptive code to enable mobile web experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience writing native mobile applications
- Experience in Objective C/Swift or Java
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- UX Experience
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free lunch, social events and parties on a frequent basis
- Downtown LA office very close to the metro
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
If you are not confident in your coding abilities, you should reconsider your application for this role. This is a highly technical position, and rigorous testing will be required to qualify each candidates proficiency.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may be located outside your home country when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In compliance with US Federal law, all persons hired by Smarkets will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.