Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a developer who is proficient in both iOS and Android to help develop and maintain our Zwift Companion app. Your primary focus will be on its development and integration with back-end services and our game application. You will work with other engineers on different layers of the infrastructure.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a motivating community in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we have grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and have locations in New York and London.
Not anywhere close to those cities or interested in relocating? Ask us about a remote option. We are willing to consider remote opportunities where it makes sense because we’re here to disrupt the fitness industry!
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are a creative, innovative, and passionate team. Where world-class talent can do their best work while having fun. Elevating teammates and looking within to always level up is deep in Zwift's DNA. Zwift's inclusive, "One Zwift for All" value is something that is worked on daily. And bringing your authentic voice is expected. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Ready to join our growing community?
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you'll do:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high-performance, reusable, and reliable Objective-C code (for iOS) and Java/Kotlin code (for Android)
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Mobile Engineer
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK, UIKit, Objective-C, and Swift
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and Java as well as a working knowledge of Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Familiarity with Bluetooth coding
- Familiarity with frameworks such as CoreBluetooth, HealthKit, and WatchKit
- Familiarity with Push Notification APIs
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.