Senior Mechanical Engineer: Cold Weather Specialist at Anduril
- Strong understanding of mechanical design for cold temperature arctic environments (below -40°C).
- Provide design guidance and suggest changes to system owners to ensure complex electro-mechanical systems will function properly in extremely cold weather conditions.
- Work with the tower hardware team to develop broad design guidelines for design for extreme climates (both cold and hot).
- Use first principles and multidisciplinary analysis methods to validate design both before and during production.
- Build prototypes, analyze failures, and assist with transitioning projects to production.
- Present cold weather survivability status and requirements to other team members and provide clear understanding of timelines and technical status.
- Support mechanical, electrical, and software team’s development efforts with necessary guidance on cold weather design principles.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in the mechanical engineering field.
- 4+ Years of experience designing and supporting systems for operation in cold weather environments of -40°C or colder. This includes systems that have been fielded and supported in significant production quantities (>50 units).
- Excellent problem-solving ability. Must be capable of conducting a general background investigation on a new project, identifying multiple potential paths forward, and developing a plan for executing the project.