Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your engineering skills to develop a solution that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Software Engineering to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering for our Financial product line, you’ll build and maintain the complex and powerful infrastructure that integrates with our clients’ bookkeeping and accounting systems. You’ll partner cross-functionally with our Sales, Account Management, Support, and Product teams to translate the voice of our customers into user needs and product enhancements.
This position will report into the Senior Director, Financial Management, and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, or Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Directly manage a geographically distributed group of engineers and technical managers
- Empower team members by providing professional development, input, and mentorship for technical decision making
- Support a SaaS solution, with marketplace API integrations
- Balance business goals against technology and design patterns
- Aid in system architecture and design discussions when planning projects
- Help the team engineer with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
- Develop robust solutions tolerant of technical faults
- Work on the entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) using our choice tools of Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, Java, and AWS
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience as a technical manager or team lead
- Experience supporting backend distributed services in the AWS cloud
- Familiarity with Ruby and at least 1 other back-end language
- Experience fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Passion for developing great people and leaders, not just great products
- Bonus points for having worked with financial platforms
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.