We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Java Engineer to join our growing remote team. This is a great opportunity to work on a new product for a leading, high traffic site (over 60 million unique visits a month).
Despite the immense traffic we generate, we do all this with a small, talented team of dedicated software engineers who love working with interesting, complex projects. As part of the team you’ll be developing Java based API Services. You will also be driving forward improvements in our back end stack to keep us ahead of the curve on technology. You will be using your creativity and knowledge to solve both technical and business problems.
What’s in it for you:
- Work on modern Java based projects.
- Collaborate in a team environment, with a variety of developers across the United States.
- Contribute directly to the technology, processes and methodology used to solve problems day-to-day.
Who we believe will do great in this role:
Besides the usual skill set for a Java Engineer, you MUST have:
- Great communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Java data structures and algorithms.
- Experience designing and building JSON APIs using Spring Boot.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and understanding their pros and cons.
- Working knowledge of JPA/Hibernate. Expert knowledge of SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL DB, such as MongoDB.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in fast paced companies.
- Experience working in a high-traffic environment or with optimizing code for performance or memory use.
- Experience working with Offshore teams.
- Performance tuning.
- Spring Cloud Config. Netflix stack such as Eureka, Zuul, and others.
- Experience using Elasticsearch.
- Experience developing jobs using Spring Batch.
- Solid understanding of Kafka, or similar frameworks.
- Experience working with Cassandra.
- Experience working with Spark jobs.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless and Google Cloud.
Ranker, a Quantcast Top 50 site in the US, attracts more than 20 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food, lifestyle - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”), and also audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker Insights, Watchworthy is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker made #187 on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 featuring the fastest growing companies in North America and Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Ranker also has offices in Chicago and NYC.
Read Full Job Description