Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing! As we grow, so does the complexity of our regulatory landscape, as well as the ever-evolving legal and compliance challenges facing the tech industry.
We are creating a new team within Tinder’s Social Responsibility group to continue to deliver a best-in-class platform that safeguards our members’ privacy and supports Tinder’s compliance efforts on a global scale.
As the Senior iOS Engineer on the Regulatory Affairs team, you will partner directly with Product and Engineering leadership to shape the future of Tinder’s compliance strategy and roadmap.
We have always believed in using technology to foster innovation and form meaningful connections - despite physical distance. This position is available remotely within the US and/or when it is safe to re-open, can be located in our LA or Bay Area offices.
What You'll Do:
- Build a competitive advantage: collaborate with stakeholders within Tinder and Match Group to understand the global regulatory landscape and to prioritize development initiatives to not only maintain, but to lead, compliance and privacy everywhere we operate.
- Evolve Compliance engineering: contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of user-facing features, platform/service optimizations, and internal frameworks that maximize our members’ privacy and make it easier for other Tinder’s development teams to seamlessly integrate these values into their systems, features, and processes.
- Excel Technically: You have an excellent technical understanding of how data management, segmentation, and retention policies work under the hood.
- Maintain foundational components: create and maintain internal shared frameworks and libraries.
- Think Technically and Analytically: provide engineering and technical support to inbound inquiries from Tinder and Match Group partners and external bodies to ensure timely, consistent, and thorough response and remediation to our compliance, privacy, and litigation teams.
- Lead audits: collaborate with cross functional internal and external teams to develop processes for continual audits, assessments, and improvements of these systems, along with metrics to measure success.
- Be a problem solver: independently translate high-level goals into meaningful execution plans.
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of professional experience building native iOS applications
- Significant experience building applications in Swift
- Knowledge of Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- Experience building user-facing features with autolayout
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as MVVM / VIPER etc. and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Direct understanding of the global regulatory landscape, working on large-scale compliance, privacy, and data protection initiatives.
- Experience working autonomously with multiple teams across backend, iOS, Android, Web platforms, data, product, and product design.
- The ability to understand complicated data structures and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to advocate and present to non-technical audiences, including leadership, in an easily digestible manner.
- Desire and ability to grow, inspire and empower the team to go above and beyond.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.