Senior Fullstack Engineer, Conversion & Purchase Experience at Crunchyroll (Remote)
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
Engineering @ Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll's Engineering teams thrive on action, impact, ownership, curiosity, and fan obsession. We embrace evolution, concise documentation and empowering engineers. As part of our team, you'll take ownership of tasks, delivering high-quality results on time, and exceeding fans' expectations. We foster collaboration, fearlessly exploring solutions and challenging the status quo. Our commitment to learning and curiosity drives us to embrace change and tackle complex challenges head-on, revolutionizing the anime streaming experience for our community.
About the Role
As a senior fullstack engineer on the Conversion & Purchase Experience team, you are an important player in building customer-facing experiences that help grow our membership base, along with building services that power these experiences. Your expertise in this domain enables you to take ownership of important projects and bring them to success by measuring business impact and optimizing. You'll collaborate with other engineers in solutioning, reviewing code, and mentoring junior teammates. You'll also work with designers, product managers, and program managers to provide solutions to complex business problems as a team. You will report into the Manager of Engineering and this role can sit fully remote.
About The Team
The Conversion & Purchase Experience team builds and maintains both frontend and backend systems that help improve user conversions, from engaging with users during their very first interaction with Crunchyroll until acquisition. Driving membership and testing hypotheses to improve the efficiency is at the core of what this team focuses on.
- 5-8 years of experience developing and leading the highest priority projects, delivering on customer satisfaction while also meeting business expectations.
- Excited about moving the needle by creating great user journeys and optimizing for important business metrics. You revel in funnel optimization and are always running A/B or multivariate tests.
- Enjoy collaborating with other friendly engineers on problems that are statistically significant.
- Experienced with TypeScript and Node.js, both on the frontend and backend. You have experience building web-based applications using modern web frameworks like Vue, and experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You are a generalist that is always growing.
- Familiarity with payments and subscriptions domains.
- Experience building products for international markets.
- Experience in iOS, Android, or Roku development.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
Not only will you get to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also...
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Enjoy flexible PTO and time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Appreciate the generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance options for you and your family.
- Take advantage of our health saving account HSA program plus health care and dependent care FSA programs.
- Love that we offer an employer match on our 401(k) plan.
- Receive employer paid commuter benefit (for eligible employees)
- Appreciate the generous support program for new parents
- Obtain pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - San Francisco, CA
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.