Who we're looking for:
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be working together with the web, payments, and support teams to build and maintain our customer experiences around our shop, maintaining subscriptions, building our main web destination, and/or supporting customer's needs on Zwift. You will collaborate in cross-functional teams including teammates from our engineering, product, design, operations, and support disciplines. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and being an agent of change to help build a world-class experience for our customers. As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will be expected to help mentor the other engineers on your team and help the team make sound technical decisions. You will be measured not only by what you can do but how you make everyone else around you more productive.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Effective technical mentor to other engineers and enjoy doing it
- Experience with GIT, git-flow and/or SVN
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration, including Jenkins
- Experience with React and/or Angular
- Experience with SSO / Authentication
- Experience with REST API Design
- Experience programming with Java (JBoss/Wildfly or Spring Boot is a plus)
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with test tools like JUnit, Arquillian, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Experience with Distributed Cache implementations like Memcached or Redis
- Enthusiasm for cycling and/or Zwift
- Experience working in eCommerce, payments, and/or customer support portals
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, ELB, Aurora, RDS, OpsWorks, Elasticache
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Of course we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.