Our team at AlgoPay.io is growing!
Who we are:
Some (not so) fun facts: In the Middle East, over 300 million people are without bank accounts, money transfer fees cost senders up to 20%, and online businesses spend on average 30% of revenue on cash management tools. For individuals, the implications of these stats are dire: think highly restricted access to e-commerce, unsafe money storage, and an inability to tap into the global economy.
In a region where tech education has peaked and the median age is 25, something urgently has to change.
Enter, AlgoPay. We’re a payment solution for online businesses and the modern consumer in the Middle East, where there's over $1.3T currently handled in cash. Think: Stripe, for cash economies. We’re based in Los Angeles, have team members in Iraq and Jordan, and recently completed the Techstars LA accelerator.
We have two live products: (1) a payment dashboard for employers to easily send payments to their employees and contract workers in the Middle East, (2) a user-facing native app for android whereby users can receive funds, invoice clients, transfer money P2P, shop online, and withdraw cash locally.
We are seeking a seasoned, founder-minded software engineer who is eager to collaborate with a team of high-performers to build the future of cross-border finance in the Middle East.
Who you are:
- You are highly creative, able to devise truly unique solutions to our technical challenges, understanding that Algo’s market poses unique challenges that are not solvable with conventional banking, neobanking, or money transfer technology.
- You have strong ambitions and are looking for a long-term opportunity to develop and scale yourself alongside a high-potential and fast growing startup.
- You thrive in candid work environments, where both giving and receiving feedback is fundamental to team collaboration and success.
- You care deeply about the user, prioritizing their privacy, pain-points and feedback in all decisions. You strive to deepen your empathy and understanding of their experience.
- As a technical leader, you can provide transparency into the engineering process, turning business goals into technical tasks and maintaining clear communication with non-technical members of the team.
- Lead the company’s day-to-day technical strategy and collaborate with team on product roadmap.
- Work with core team in an agile environment to quickly iterate on product features based on feedback and user data.
- Architect and maintain Algo’s core payment infrastructure, building for reliability and scalability.
- Assist in hiring and managing early engineers.
- 4+ years engineering experience (ideally in fintech)
- Python/Flask // PostgreSQL // AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS)
- React Native (Redux, React Navigation) // ExpoKit
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with demanding deadlines
- Huge plus: Familiarity with the Middle East market