Senior Full Stack Engineer (Python)
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Python
The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Who are you?
Do you have experience working with high-availability, large-scale applications and like tackling big challenges? The Senior Full Stack Engineer, will be an integral part of the effort to develop our next generation platform. We want people who have a passion for leveraging technology and software to solve problems and maximize productivity and efficiency.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will implement front and backend features in our main web application with an emphasis on code clarity, conciseness, testability, and efficiency. This team member will join the Web Engineering team, one of five engineering teams within Nativo.
Our current stack includes: Python3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Redis, ElasticSearch, MSSQL/PostgreSQL, Celery, Vue.js/AngularJS, D3, Bootstrap, LESS, and Grunt
What you'll do:
- Design front and backend features to power our next generation native advertising platform
- Lead design and architecture decision making
- Collaborate with fellow engineering teams to insure seamless deployment of cross-team features
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and stakeholders to shape the best user experience
- Work in an agile environment with two-week sprints
- Give and receive code review feedback, mentor junior engineers, show your work in sprint demos, and help improve our process via sprint retrospectives
What you need:
- Must have extensive knowledge in Python and Python libraries/frameworks such as Flask, Django, SQLAlchemy, etc.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS databases such as PostreSQL/MySQL/MSSQL and best practices
- Experience developing Python based web applications (Flask, Django, Pyramid, etc.)
- Ability to operate in a fast paced agile and entrepreneurial startup environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Git and Git workflow is a plus
- Understanding of software engineering best practices and object-oriented designs
- Knowledge and experience with using open source products
- We’re looking for self-motivated and highly driven individuals with a passion for programing and technology
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Nativo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, or to any Nativo employees. Nativo will not pay fees to any third part agency firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.