At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
In this role you will:
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and innovative team, expanding the mobile and desktop web experience.
- Share ownership of a high-traffic consumer-facing web application, averaging over 10 million monthly visitors.
- Review code and mentor other engineers, including pair programming and presenting Show and Tells.
- Partner with product, design, marketing, and QA to deliver MVP-scoped features and validate its impact.
- Be an advocate for innovation; research and prove out the latest web capabilities and features.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience writing and using unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
- Experience building highly performant NodeJS backend-for-frontends
- Experience writing and maintaining unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Experience optimizing web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance)
- Experience with working in a continuous delivery ecosystem
- Experience with A/B testing
- Huge plus if you have experience with microservices and/or micro-frontends
- Huge plus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Golang
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description