Senior Front-end Software Engineer at Smarkets
FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets UK has revolutionized peer-to-peer trading on sports and politics. We’ve built a platform that operates like a stock exchange, yet is modern, sleek, easy to use, and has handled over $10 billion worth of trades since 2010. The US office opened in 2017 and has since helped the Company expand by creating a sportsbook that is the first of its kind, SBK. Utilizing the tools which made our exchange so successful, we've modernized them even further to create a product that takes the relatively solitary experience of betting, and made it into a social one.
Our success is directly attributable to the exceptional talent that work at Smarkets; so the role of the Senior Front-End Engineer is vital. Due to our unique team structure, roles and projects can shift as the needs of the team, product, and individual evolve. Engineer's at Smarkets work on a variety of projects, and as such we look for Engineer's with a wide range of experience.Responsibilities
- Write clean, modular, and testable code with consistent code style.
- Develop web and mobile product applications.
- Assist in scoping and planning future and existing product features and updates.
- Partner closely with the VP of Engineering for product road-mapping and team allocation.
- Lead a growing team of Engineers.
- 5+ years experience.
- Strong command over HTML, CSS, JS, and understanding of the best practices.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, Websockets.
- You have used the latest web stacks or libraries such as React, Angular, LESS, SASS.
- You like writing clean, componentized, and well-tested code, heavily favoring reuse.
- Experience solving cross browser compatibility issues.
- You have a proven track record of writing performant code with user accessibility front of mind.
- You have written responsive and adaptive code to enable mobile web experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with React Native / mobile apps.
- UX Experience.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Stipend for furthering education.
- 100% employer paid health insurance.
- Flexible work environment.
- Free lunch, social events, and parties on a frequent basis.
- Dog friendly office.
- The Downtown LA office is very close to the metro.
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.