Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Flight Software Engineer to join the team! You will develop microcontroller firmware that powers Anduril’s aircraft, and oversee the validation and verification efforts adhering to DO-178 standards. The right person for this role has experience in both commercial (product focused) and public sector (defense) technical environments, and is looking to leverage their passion for avionics and flight software here at Anduril.
What You'll Do:
- Spearhead validation and verification efforts adhering to DO-178 Standards
- Oversee validation and verification processes
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop device drivers, protocols, and APIs for aircraft sensors
- Integrate new features and sensors into flight controller software
- Create aircraft control systems
- Create SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Analyze flight test results
- Support device manufacturing efforts
- Support operational aircraft deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent experience
- Direct experience with DO-178 standards or similar certifications
- Direct experience in aircraft firmware or other safety critical systems
- Strong C programming skills
- Background in low-level firmware architecture, design and development
- Low-level device driver development, experience with microcontrollers and application processors
- Comfortable with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Familiarity with common bus protocols such as USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS23, RS485, etc.
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Familiarity with revision control systems
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.