In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Senior Enterprise Integration Engineer will provide systems engineering and enterprise integration support to the Space Force’s Special Programs Directorate Warfighting and Tech Futures Division (SPF) and the Enterprise & Integration Branch (SPFS), which is responsible for the coordination and integration of all the programs within Special Programs. These programs include the Geosynchronous Space Situational Awareness Program (GSSAP), the Deep-space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC), the Counter Communications System (CCS), among many others in the areas of space domain awareness (SDA) and space control. The successful applicant will provide experienced guidance and support to SPFS and SPF leadership in the development and execution of system-of-systems enterprise integration activities, coordinate these activities with other organizations at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) and with external government partners, ensure that interfaces between inter- and intra-SP programs are clearly defined and consistent with each side’s expectations, and apply systems engineering expertise and experience in support of system and system-of-systems readiness processes, requirements validation, verification and test, transition to operations, and risk assessment. This position requires some travel.
- Provide thought leadership for the government in the development and implemention of Special Programs’ system-of-systems enterprise integration plans
- Monitor the consistency of programs’ requirements and interfaces with respect to overall enterprise integration goals and recommend remediations where disconnects are found
- Provide systems and system-of-systems engineering expertise to the government in the preparation, review, and execution of SPF responsibilities, including configuration control boards (CCBs), requirements validation, oversight of developmental and operational testing, and enterprise risk management
- B.S. in engineering, mathematics, or science
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customer, colleagues, and contractors
- Demonstrated experience with systems and system-of-systems engineering, integration, and test
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess risk areas and to work closely with technical staff and program office peers, customers, and contractor personnel to resolve issues
- Current Top Secret and SCI clearance
- Ability to obtain additional security clearances
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, or science
- Familiarity with space domain awareness, space control, command & control, and SMC/SP programs
- Demonstrated organizational and project leadership skills with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Current access to one or more SMC/SP programs
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.