About the Senior Engineering Manager, DevOps at Headspace:
The platform organization’s mission is to provide the tools necessary to unlock the full potential of all teams at Headspace. The DevOps team in particular works hand in hand with the engineering teams to architect, deploy, and scale their applications in the AWS cloud. They are responsible for the management and automation of all AWS resources, including monitoring, reporting, and enhancements. They work with the engineering teams to provide highly available environments and facilitate the delivery of user value.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Execution and delivery - do not let projects get stuck, remove roadblocks from the team before they are reached, getting your hands dirty in the code by doing the pieces in the gaps that would cause too great a context switch for your team
- Proactive communication - engaging with the team’s stakeholders to anticipate their needs, delivering on them, or transparently adjusting expectations
- People management - coaching, mentoring, and performance management are all critical traits of a people manager. The team needs to understand what is expected of them and more importantly they need to want to put in the extra effort to ensure you and they are successful
- Cloud infrastructure experience - deployment and scaling of highly available applications. Management of AWS infrastructure and resources while abstracting away the configuration details from the engineering organization
What you’ve accomplished:
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional system design abilities which includes experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Veteran of software delivery. You are a pro at architecture, testing, monitoring, alerting and are excited to apply these principles to your team
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting machine learning strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.