WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform application duty cycle analysis, requirements definition and hardware trade studies for various electric or hybrid powertrain systems.
- Support internal and vendor development of electrified propulsion systems.
- Perform qualification and validation testing.
- Support ground and flight test of vehicle systems.
- Coordinate inputs to vehicle architecture, requirements, FMECAs, and other systems engineering documents
- Lead failure investigations and corrective action implementation
- 5+ years’ experience in propulsion systems, of which minimum 2 years on Hybrid / BEV energy analysis/modelling/simulation/ testing
- Specific knowledge of and demonstrated experience in engineering mechanics, physics, and fundamental understanding of electric motors, power electronics and advanced battery technology
- Deep knowledge of technologies impacting energy consumption, performance, and drive sizing/quality
- Working knowledge of test and validation procedures for electrified propulsion systems
- UAS experience preferred.
- Experience with control function implementation
- Experienced programmer in Matlab, Simulink & Python
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data