Senior E-Commerce Solution Architect
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is looking for a Senior Solution Architect, E-Commerce & Supply Chain Solutions to lead technical strategy, systems integration, solution design, deployment and support. This position will provide strategic, consultative and tactical guidance for the ongoing architecture, development, deployment and integration of our Global Commerce Stack with other fan facing technology, including CRM and customer service systems.
• Lead technical development and day-to-day support functions of global direct-to-consumer platforms, including Cart, Order Management, Master Data Management and associated systems & technologies.
• Work with various internal organizations (Store Operations, Supply Chain, Commercials, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to define requirements and translate requirements into technology solutions.
• Lead and manage a portfolio of technology projects to ensure successful solution delivery and adoption by the user community.
• Ensure technical projects deliver value to the business and are deployed on time and with high quality.
• Establish, maintain, monitor and enforce development, quality assurance and technical standards.
• Collaborate with other technology organizations to ensure system integration across various platforms.
• Draft technical project instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, systems integration-related documents and deliverables, and training / operations manuals documentation to be used as resources for system users.
• Develop and oversee successful operator support solutions to ensure platform operators issues are being documented and resolved quickly and efficiently, identifying and creating scalable solutions to recurring issues.
• Manage 3rd party software vendors and technology partners, by prioritizing work assignments and ensuring quality deliverables.
• Develop, document and maintain technology standards and roadmaps.
• Assist with developing business case for future technology investments.
• Continuously evaluate solutions and work to evolve platform stacks in order to keep up with market place innovations and trends as well as implementing solutions to provide better operational efficiencies.
• Solid understanding of Magento, Shopify and general eCommerce technologies
• Strong knowledge and hands on work using API's, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
• Customer-first mentality with ability to empathize and create customer loyalty
• Collaborative and pragmatic mindset
• Demonstrated capability to structuring and effectively manage technical development and delivery processes
• Effective ability to relate technical concepts to non-technical audience and articulating business value of a given technical solution
• Critical thinking, and complex problem-solving ability
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate across internal and external business, marketing, and engineering departments
• Strong organizational, analytical skills and ability to work at a highly detailed level
• Ability to work in cross-functional and global teams
• Ability to manage diverse stakeholder groups and drive positive business outcomes
• 5-7 years of experience working on the Magento 1 & 2 and Shopify platforms
• Broad knowledge of ecommerce technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, OMS, IMS, WMS, credit card processing, tax engine, digital distribution etc.)
• 8+ years of successful technical project management, deployment or solutions design experience
• Functional knowledge of integration systems with experience integrating enterprise software between various software solutions
• Experience in scoping, clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams and outcomes
• Working knowledge of agile software development process and proven management of decentralized development teams
• Proven track record of architecting and delivering e-commerce solutions which enables business growth and profitability
• Good understanding of consumer buying habits and behaviours
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree
• Magento Developer Certification Completed
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.