In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
- Investigate, Develop, Implement and Evaluate new concepts in navigation & communication systems
- Evaluate & Test hardware including GNSS Receivers/Simulators and Military Communication Devices
- Work as an individual or as a team member on analytical and experimental studies
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues
- Interface with Aerospace internal and external customers, and external contractors for the exchange of technical information
- Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to be hands-on, willing to learn and be comfortable in working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise
- High motivation with proficiency to learn and carry out tasks with guidance/leadership of experienced staff
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 2-5 year of industry related experience
- Understanding in an area of digital signal processing & digital communications
- Experience with GNSS/GPS positioning and navigation, or alternative navigation techniques
- Familiarity with GNU Radio
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: MATLAB, C/C++, Python
- Experience with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- FPGA development and HDL (Verilog, VHDL) experience
- Familiarity with microwave circuits, measurement tools, and analysis
- Ability to design & analyze digital and/or analog circuits
- Prototyping skills
- Metal Fabrication
- CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc)
- Additive Manufacturing
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.