Senior Drupal Developer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Sr. Drupal Developer to serve as development lead for a company-wide Intranet and to build new feature sets for our consumer facing artist and label websites. The Sr. Drupal Developer will be responsible for gathering business requirements, architecting and executing customized web interfaces for multiple business units and record labels within the Universal Music Group, standardizing and templatizing where possible. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, understanding, solving, and developing for vastly different client problems/goals using a single set of underlying core technologies.
• Serve as technical lead for company-wide intranet on OpenAtrium distribution of Drupal 7, including site architecture, DevOps and general development.
• Develop advanced features, including intradepartmental privacy, live streaming, file-sharing, custom touring/events calendar, and custom email services.
• Build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our Drupal 8 consumer facing/marketing websites.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders, other developers and designers to produce high fidelity designs/mock-ups/prototypes for review/iteration/approval.
• Maintain development standards, release notes and workflow for team of developers.
• Write technical user stories and convert user stories into highly usable interfaces.
• Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
• Test deliverables against a user story's acceptance tests.
• Train employees on using the Intranet as both consumers and creators of content.
• Create technical documentation.
• Provide regular progress reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to perform effectively as member of a team, as well as work independently.
• Capable of effectively working and communicating with non-technical internal stakeholders and highly skilled technical development teams in an agile manner to dramatically iterate in a short time.
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay on the cutting edge of web technology.
• Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problems.
• Ability to deliver solutions from start to finish.
• Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated.
• Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability.
• Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices.
• Preferred Skills
- Delivery, consulting skills
- Business acumen
- Warm and approachable
- Minimum 5 years web development experience (experience in media/entertainment industry is a plus)
- 2 – 3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experienced in:
- Behavior Driven Development
- Drupal panels backend development (OpenAtrium preferred, Drupal 8 a plus)
- APIs, web services (JSON, REST, SOAP) and third party libraries
- Drupal module development and Wordpress plugin development
- Data applications using AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
- Authentication and authorization technologies a plus: SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Bonus Skills:
- Knowledge of AWS design and infrastructure
- Modern HTML5 and CSS Design Techniques – including responsive design and targeting different devices
- Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience with a continuous integration environment
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.