Senior Director of Security, Engineering
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Director of Security Engineering to join Procore on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Director of Security Engineering, you’ll lead application and infrastructure security within our Engineering department. This includes security automation, application security, cloud security, security operations, risk and compliance, incident response, and more. If you’re excited to bring passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications—we’d love to hear from you!
This position will report to the SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage, and implement Procore’s short and long term engineering security strategy in collaboration with Procore leadership
- Advocate for security as a subject matter expert across the organization, holding discussions on security topics
- Define and drive threat identification and response across the company
- Own risk and threat management metrics for the engineering organization; articulate these measurements in meaningful ways to ensure Procore is appropriately protected against threats
- Collaborate across business units to deliver new security technology approaches and implementation of modern security solutions with a focus on automation
- Act as a central point of contact in R&D for security-related initiatives
- Collaborate with legal teams to ensure our products meet required regulatory security standards
- Understand the build vs. buy mentality of security and maintain a keen grasp on an appropriate fit for the situation
- Drive designing, building, and reviewing security-related services and functionality of web applications, mobile applications, and desktop applications
- Determine the appropriate combination of internal and external security efforts including bug bounty programs, and external security audits (penetration testing, black box, white box testing)
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 7+ years of experience managing teams focused on SaaS security
- Strong familiarity with common security libraries, tools, controls, and common security flaws that apply to software development including, but not limited to, SAST, DAST, IDS, IPS, Logging, Encryption, IAM.
- Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security (ISO 27001, SOC, FedRAMP, etc).
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, delivering complex security-related concepts in clear, concise, and understandable terms
- Mastery in many aspects of Security Engineering as it relates to Production Environments
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Experience building an Engineering org and developing talent through mentorship, coaching, and development
- Experience partnering with recruiting on hiring, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience reporting to multiple executive-level stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence Engineering and business partners on software architecture and project roadmaps in order to drive positive change
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.