In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation’s Digital Communications Implementation Department (DCID) uses software-defined radios and FPGA technology to develop advanced communication and navigation system prototypes that solve problems related to digital communication systems. DCID’s support includes guiding the acquisition of next generation communication and navigation systems needed by our customer, helping industry implement cutting edge technology and creating innovative solutions to our customers most challenging problems. Please join us on the leading edge of digital communications.
- Perform technical leadership, conduct specialized technical studies, lead internal research and development efforts.
- Provide technical guidance to management and customers.
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving.
- Provide recognized depth and technical leadership in at least one area of engineering or scientific expertise aligned with DCID’s charter.
- The candidate must also be able to lead and mentor our junior staff and be a true force multiplier.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the industry.
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in prototyping of digital communication systems and/or algorithms.
- Hands-on experience implementing communication algorithms using embedded software, multi-threaded programming, DSP, FPGA, SDRs.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Theoretical understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Demonstrated effective mentorship, team building, and interpersonal skills with colleagues
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ph.D degree in the area of digital communications, information theory or signal processing.
- Familiarity with designing software defined radio receivers and libraries such as GNU Radio.
- Experience working with Linux, and development on a Linux platform.
- Experience with embedded development and/or familiarity with ARM processors.
- Experience with embedded system architecture, RF design and spectrum management, GPS/GNSS and other localization technologies/concepts
- Familiarity with trends in machine learning, data science, and their application for signal processing problem solving
- Experience in writing and leading research activities such as Independent Research and Development (IRAD) efforts
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.