Senior DevOps Engineer at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL’s DevOps team has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. DevOps Engineer with strong experience across all components of a highly automated enterprise SaaS platform. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for working with and mentoring teams across WELL’s Engineering organization. You will support the development of improved VPN and networking services. You will build a robust approach to deployment management across multiple services, environments and geographies. You will have a focus on improvements to velocity in every area of product delivery and maintenance, as well as the set-up, maintenance, and ongoing development of continuous build/integration infrastructure.
This role for an experienced DevOps Engineer at a rapidly growing startup has the opportunity to grow into a System Architect or a DevSecOps position.
- Create and maintain deployment workflows orchestrated with Terraform, ECS/Fargate, and Python.
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers.
- On-board/train and support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Enable DevOps by moving code from Dev/Test to Staging and Production via highly automated solutions.
- Play a part in fostering a “best-of-breed” culture with particular focus on Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience with networking solutions including VPN systems.
- Experience with secret management platforms including Vault and AWS Secrets Manager.
- Strong experience with scripting (BASH, Python). Experience as a full software developer is a plus.
- Experience with database management, including RDS, Redshift, MongoDB and others.
- Experience with CI/CD/taskrunner tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and Rundeck.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, DataDog, and Nagios.
- Experience managing enterprise workloads in an AWS infrastructure.
- Ability to simplify complex requirements and iteratively build effective solutions in collaboration with team members from multiple disciplines.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Ability to mentor and train team members in best practices.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.