Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
About the Senior DevOps Engineer at Headspace:
We are searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team at Headspace. This role will provide support for the Developers, Big Data, QA and Product teams and will focus heavily on automation, monitoring and scaling the infrastructure.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Build and improve tools for developers to deploy and troubleshoot applications and infrastructure
- Measure performance of systems and processes and subsequently improve them
- Create and maintain reusable Terraform modules
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues in our cloud hosted environment
- Contribute to best practices documentation for disaster recovery, capacity planning, security and application deployment
- Research and implement new technologies for improving existing systems
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, troubleshoot and contribute to open source tools and technologies we use
- Participate in on-call rotation
What you’ve accomplished:
- Solid experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) administration
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with minimal supervision
- Experience with AWS - including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Redshift, and Route53
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, & Redis
- Shell programming experience with Bash, strong command-line fu, and experience with at least one of Perl, Python, Ruby, etc
- Experience with server monitoring systems like Prometheus or Nagios (and derivatives)
- Server automation with Terraform and Ansible/Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Experience with continuous integrations systems such as CircleCI or TravisCI
- Experience with service discovery/mesh such as Consul and Envoy
- Database (MySQL primarily) administration experience
- Solid working knowledge of Git
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.