SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER at TeleSign
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
We are looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer who will support the Linux infrastructure within TeleSign Operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The systems administration team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployment of TeleSign’s products and infrastructure.
The Operations team environment includes staff in Marina del Rey, CA, and Belgrade, Serbia. Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong Linux technical skills, along with proven DevOps experience. Candidates must self-motivate and demonstrate drive to research and complete assigned tasks whether working independently as a member of a cross-organizational team.
The role includes on-call responsibilities on a rotation shared across with the global Operations and Systems Administration teams.
- Build, implement and maintain the virtual machines using DevOps tools, process and procedures
- Provide systems administration support for production and testing environments. This includes troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and processes
- Ensure TeleSign’s availability SLAs are met through highly available and redundant infrastructure
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage work load and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets
- Provide technical support to Development, Release Engineering and Customer Support organizations as needed.
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to insure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Work with TeleSign security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
- 5+ years designing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with Apache or Nginx based servers in a multi-tiered and service-oriented application architecture requiring 24x7 availability
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience with DevOps automation configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
- 3 - 5+ years in supporting systems using several of the following:
- Virtualized environments (VMWare, AWS, Rackspace)
- Linux based databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Proficiency in bash scripting and additional language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Solid understanding of basic networking design (VLANs, IPSec, and load balancing).
- Capable of multitasking, prioritize multiple assignments, work with managers and team leads to delegate tasks to peers perform research independently
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as VMware vSphere, Veeam
- Familiarity with Icinga, Django, Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery, Logstash, ELK Stack, Windows, SIP and/or SMPP protocols.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.