Senior DevOps Engineer
Greater LA Area
Are you looking for an opportunity to put your deep experience with AWS to use? Are you eager to contribute to the shaping and direction of a DevOps team? Do you love the challenge of removing bottlenecks in development and deployment processes? If scalability and stability are your thing, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position: As a Senior DevOps Engineer at ChowNow, you will be specifically responsible for building, improving, and growing our technology infrastructure. You will help design and implement reproducible processes in the enterprise environment as well as support the application production environment. You will own and support engineering user-facing technology as well as share responsibility for supporting the production environment.
You will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters, and report to the VP of Engineering; No direct reports.
Within 30 Days, You’ll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Begin to learn and contribute to our development and deployment patterns.
- Begin contributing to our release process, log analysis, security patching, AWS VPC network architecture, and high availability by advancing our Terraform and Ansible codebase through writing code and documentation.
Within 60 Days, You’ll..
- Work with engineering leadership to plan the prioritized roadmap of DevOps and Infrastructure projects.
- Share responsibility for defining, sharing, and achieving team and individual KPI goals.
- Observe and participate in the interview process of prospective team members.
Within 90 Days, You’ll..
- Share ownership of technology architecture review board.
- Be a knowledge leader, contributing teaching and continuing to learn.
- Have a command of infrastructure tools and processes, and be able to contribute to refining them.
- Be able to take active part in shaping DevOps roadmap by proposing new projects and defining priorities
Within 1 Year, You'll..
- Contribute to building world-class monitoring, alerting and logging solutions for our platform
- Become the owner of a number of other tools, platforms, and processes, taking them to next level
- Help us walk through PCI level 1 compliance
You Should Apply If:
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps practices
- 5+ years of overall infrastructure management experience
- 3+ years AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, Route 53, and auto-scale
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, Python preferred
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems, ideally Debian or Ubuntu, and networking fundamentals.
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the major configuration management and automation frameworks (Ansible preferred)
- Hands on experience running highly available MySQL, ElasticSearch or Redis
- Hands on experience setting up and maintaining monitoring, alerting and logging solution
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, qa/development environments and related tools
- Experience creating scalable systems, preferably in e-commerce or consumer-facing websites.
- Familiarity with modern virtualization techniques and container management solutions such as Docker.
- Enthusiastic contributor to high-level architecture
Read Full Job Description