Senior Compliance Engineer
The Senior Compliance Engineer will have substantial experience in product safety and regulatory compliance. This role will own the process of developing and executing the company product safety and regulatory compliance program. The right candidate will successfully guide and support the development and release to market of multiple products that comply with industry and jurisdictional regulatory standards and codes. This individual will have strong and effective communications skills and will be expected to interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and partners.
Join us as we build a new department focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
Candidate must be intimately familiar emerging compliance engineering practices and standards and be cutting-edge regarding compliance and networked in the community.
- Contribute to the product development effort to ensure our products meet all regulatory requirements
- Define product requirements necessary to achieve safety and regulatory compliance in all jurisdictions our products are intended to be sold into
- Develop and lead the safety and regulatory compliance program for products we manufacture and sell
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with safety and regulatory agencies and Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL)
- Achieve and maintain safety and regulatory compliance for all company products
- Support all safety, regulatory, and sustainability compliance needs that arise during the production life of our products
It is desired that the candidate has the following qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor'sdegree or greater in Engineering or Technology related degree
- Significant experience as a compliance engineer within the lighting and illumination industry (5+ years)
- Experience achieving approval to use certification marks and reports such as UL, ETL, CCEA, CSA, IEC, NOM, CE, CB, RoHS, REACH, and others
- Experience and thorough understanding of UL924, UL796, UL1598, UL8750, and IEC 60598
- Experience preparing manufacturing facilities for inspections
- Thorough understanding of US and European safety and regulatory requirements related to lighting fixtures
- Thorough understanding of the City of Chicago Electrical Code Section 18-27-300.22
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.