Senior Cloud Engineer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Architect, design, and develop technical solutions to enhance the ecommerce environment in the cloud. Analyze cloud technology trends for potential impact to the business technology strategy and recommends appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization.
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Manage and automate builds and deployments
- Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades Web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Establishes and monitors Content Delivery Network systems, monitors traffic and performance, maintains and improves performance of the website using CDN configurations.
- Monitors website traffic worldwide using global monitoring tools and identify and diagnose website accessibility in different regions.
- Builds and maintains load balancers and global traffic managers
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to leverage existing technologies to create simple, highly automated solutions with low maintenance overhead.
- 2+ years experience with AWS and Docker
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Strong sense of accountability towards the stability of our system
- Experience writing shell scripts, PHP and other scripting languages
- Ability to run queries and stored procedures against databases
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Understanding of Azure cloud services (IaaS and PaaS)
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
Education and Experience:
- Generally requires 5-7 years of experience in Software Development
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field required.