Senior Battery Management System Engineer
As the Senior Battery Management System (BMS) Engineer, you will:
- Develop mission and safety-critical BMS embedded control functions such as battery state estimation, fault detection, balancing control, temperature control, and charging control, using model-based control development
- Develop and integrate battery component level models into system level to achieve high fidelity simulation.
- Perform BMS functional unit tests and integration tests at various levels. Perform BMS function verification following EN 50128 standard
- Develop BMS hardware systems (including working with internal and external parties to complete BMS) as well as sensor selection and PCBs
- Perform FMEA for BMS hardware and software, include safety critical features
- Support test and development team on HIL test system definition and vendor discussion
- Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- A learner: you’re always eager to learn new skills; faced with a new challenge, you apply considerable research skills and diligence to figure it out, though you’re humble enough to ask for help when needed.
- Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in design and development of battery management system algorithms and software
- Experience with model-based control development using MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with creating test benches to perform unit testing and documentation of embedded control functions
- Experience with programming embedded systems
- Experience with hardware-in-loop real-time simulation systems
- Hands-on experience with battery systems control and charge/discharge operations
- Familiar with safety critical software development standards, such as EN 50128
- Experience with large battery pack (> 50 kWh) battery management system development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Familiar with requirements analysis and development
- Familiar with failure and hazard analysis