Dave is a challenger bank on a mission to put financial minds at ease by improving the cost, usability and accessibility of the legacy financial system. As the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks, Dave helps its seven million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
Dave is looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to continue building the foundation that empowers the engineers to build products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you!
- Design, build, and maintain the backend code to support features used by our 5 million users
- Backend development in Typescript
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience with a focus on Backend feature development
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.