Senior Backend Engineer
Honey is saving millions money when they shop online and we're growing! This opening is for our core engineering team responsible for building new features and maintaining all parts of the core product. You'll have a part in shaping our 60 person engineering team and helping make product and hiring decisions. If that sounds like you, we urge you to apply! If you aren't local to Los Angeles, don't fret - we'll move you here!
- We use Node.js, but we'd prefer that you have at least 5+ years of experience with a functional backend language
- Familiar with APIs (REST and GraphQL) with best practices and create monitoring tools for them
- At least 5+ years of GCP backend ecosystems as Pub/Sub, Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, elasticSearch and other data warehouse tool
- Experience with data and traffic heavy environments
- Comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Express, Redis, & ElasticSearch are pluses
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.