Senior Back-End Engineer (Laravel/PHP) - Remote
Relocity is a relocation concierge service that is re-thinking the way people relocate. Our clients are some of today’s most innovative companies which rely on us to help relocate their top talent in a way that reduces stress, improves performance, and saves time and money for the company.
Our mission is to rethink the traditional relocation business model and provide white glove service to our clients. We are committed to progressive ideas and building a talented, diverse workforce.
At Relocity, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver exceptional services with leading-edge technology to all clients. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking an experienced, Senior Back-End Engineer (Laravel/PHP) who can join our ever-growing Agile team.
As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you will help continue to expand the Relocity Platform, which intelligently streamlines, enriches and transforms the curated 'Personal Host' experience through a collection of applications and services. The ideal candidate is a great communicator with terrific follow-through who is able to optimize on workflows and/or document changes concisely.
Scope of Role
- Help develop and exceptional back-end applications
- Contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation
- Responsible for software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat).
- Work with the team to implement core features and provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Analyze and Troubleshoot complex problems in a timely and accurate manner
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a PHP / Laravel developer
- Solid PHP and Laravel 5+ framework experience
- Strong REST API development experience
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working remotely preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Nice to have
- Experience with NLP/ Machine Learning/ AI
- Experience with Mapping technologies (Mapbox, Google Maps, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Work 100% remote
- The chance to get in very early at a startup on an aggressive global growth trajectory within the relocation space
Relocity proudly contributes a portion of all revenue to Not for Sale, an international non-profit organization based out of San Francisco, California that works to protect people and communities around the world from human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
Relocity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Relocity will only employ those who are legally authorized to work