Senior Back End Engineer (Django)
Senior Back End Engineer
TicketGuardian is the leading InsurTech company in the live events space. Bred by innovation, built to disrupt, powering control. We were created to disrupt the live events industry by abolishing the status-quo “no refunds.” TicketGuardian’s technology and consumer-facing insurance products are helping provide platforms and organizers with CONTROL in order to improve their brands, drive additional revenue, provide more value to their attendees and in the process, improve the checkout flow so that live event attendees avoid financial pitfalls as well as regret; all while providing control over inventory, additional lines of revenue, knowing your customer, as well as enhanced fan engagement.
As a Back-End Engineer at TicketGuardian, you’ll operate at the intersection among data, feature, performance and scale. You will be challenged to design, evaluate and execute on these tradeoffs to make the most impact. You are hungry for success, pushing yourself to constantly be learning new things, have a wicked sense of humor, and know how to play ping pong like a champ. On top of all that, you will:
- Contribute to our transition to a microservices-based architecture.
- Improve performance, scalability and reliability for our applications.
- Make an epic impact, have fun, and write some kick ass code.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant, hands on experience with coding in various OOP languages, with at least 2 years of experience in Python
- Expertise in web technologies such as Django and Django REST framework
- Experience with writing REST APIs, unit testing, cron jobs, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience with service oriented architecture using AWS
- Database modeling for efficiency and performance
- Experience with Microservices
- Previous experience working for a small, agile team within a startup environment
- Experience/familiarity with the Agile development lifecycle and story point is a plus
- Author/Contributor to open source projects
At TicketGuardian, you are part of a high-performance team that focuses on driving innovation, critical solutions and building next-gen technology that will disrupt the live entertainment industry. If you are excited about massive scale, quality, performance, craftsmanship, and want a fair challenge and a leap forward, come join us and create #silicon-harbor in Newport Beach, CA. You’ll also get to enjoy the following sweet perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Full Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Continuous Learning Program
- Cash Bonuses
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- Fun Company Sponsored Events
- Ping Pong = Life
- Waterfront office in the heart of Newport Beach