WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Interact with business development and customers to define and scope engineering requirements.
- Develop engineering roadmap with tangible milestones for the purpose of driving schedule and mitigating risk, balancing core mission autonomy development with vehicle integration effort.
- Maintain an intimate understanding of the autonomous systems in order to identify and communicate blind spots and timeline risks.
- Establish engineering completion criteria and evaluation metrics for system performance, building tools for unit and integration tests and end to end simulation validation.
- Liaison with the test team to establish testing needs and priorities. Provide system documentation and example UI workflows and describe the functional requirements of the system under test.
- Understand Anduril’s cross-functional structure, and coordinate with other teams.
- Decompose workload into focused sprints and task engineering resources, with a focus on shipping an iteratively improving MVP and reducing risk.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure specific tasks/sprints are on track day-to-day, with a focus on unblocking key efforts by debugging issues with features and end-to-end integration.
- Architect and implement key components and algorithms to provide critical systems improvements and enable new autonomous behaviors.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in AI/Robotics in one or more of the following areas: motion planning, sensor fusion, probabilistic decision making, finite state machines, dynamics and controls, computer vision, and/or machine learning.
- Strong background in software development using C/C++ and/or Go, with an emphasis on real-world systems integration problems and complex projects, demonstrated in the context of product development or program deliverables.
- Experience effectively communicating technical information to audiences and stakeholders of varied backgrounds (BD, engineers, program managers, customers, etc).
- Aptitude in mathematical problem-solving in areas including but not limited to: graph search, convex optimization, optimal allocation, Kalman filters, and geometric methods.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems.
- Passion for defending the United States and her allies.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance