Senior Audio Engineer
- Build and lead a world-class team of firmware engineers to design, implement, test, and deploy software for embedded devices and systems.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, hardware engineering, software engineering and data science teams.
- Plan, manage and optimize end-to-end delivery lifecycle for firmware releases from evaluating, prototyping, design, development, maintenance and end of life.
- Provide technical vision and leadership, assign detailed design and end of life.
- Provide technical vision and leadership, assign detailed design and implementation tasks, conduct architecture reviews, and report progress and issues across the engineering organization.
- Recruit, coach and lead firmware engineers, help them grow their skills and build high quality consumer grade products.
- Represent the company in industry standards organizations in support of our business goals.
- Managed multiple product launches with end to end responsibility for chip selection, system performance analysis, protocol design, security and authentication, and battery power conservation and management.
- Excellent understanding of reliable OTA firmware update methods, ranging and proximity using RF signals, and other real-time sensory input handling.
- Proven working experience developing and shipping high volume consumer products on tight schedules.
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting experience on embedded systems with RTOS and Linux.
- Able to guide and challenge programmers to deliver maintainable, well documented code in C/C++.
- Can establish rules for excellent practices in software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and reviews.
- Deep knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, frameworks, and hardware subsystems.
- Working ability to read schematics and component data sheets. Strong documentation and writing skills in English.
Experience and Education
- 10 years industry experience designing consumer electronics products with emphasis on battery powered radio frequency communication devices using industry standard protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee, etc.
- 5 years in a leadership role managing firmware engineers.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
About Ring Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.