Senior Android Engineer at Weedmaps
Senior Android Engineer, Listings
Weedmaps is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Android Engineer to grow our Mobile team. Here at Weedmaps, it is our responsibility to deliver the highest in quality code and experience to meet the needs of a rapidly growing ecosystem. Over the last several years mobile development has become the future and focal point of our end user experiences. We are looking for mobile engineers who are passionate about investing and maturing our android platform as well as their careers.
The Listings team is a consumer-focused cross-functional group. This team is centered around helping consumers make purchasing decisions for cannabis products and businesses. Engineering, Product, and Design work together to build solutions across multiples surfaces tied to the company's core revenue model.
The impact you’ll make:
- Help solve fun and challenging Android engineering problems using the latest tools
- Contribute to and mature our platform architecture with MVVM/MVP/Clean patterns
- Collaborate and contribute in agile ceremonies
- Support team members by pair programming
- Work with product and design team members to define feature specifications
- Write Clean and self-documenting code
- Collaborate with iOS and back-end engineers on a regular basis
- Stay up-to-date with the bleeding edge of Android, and help us push what’s possible on the platform
- Contribute to our continuous integration pipeline
What you’ve accomplished:
- Firm understanding of Standard GitFlow
- Minimum of 2+ years in Android application development.
- Minimum of 6 months using Kotlin
- Strong understanding of Android Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Robolectric)
- Strong understanding of Android Material Design
- Strong understanding of Dependency Injection
- Strong understanding of Gradle
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!