At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We’re looking for a product-driven Senior Android Engineer with a strong appreciation for great design not only in products and visual presentation, but also in code and technical architecture. In this role you will collaborate cross-functionally with product design, marketplace ops, analytics and more to ensure a solid end-to-end strategy and execution.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience building and launching high quality Android apps and is excited about researching new methods or technologies that improve the architecture, user experience or engineering process
In this role you will
- Be a part of a small but nimble team expanding the mobile retail experience
- Use product requirements and technical designs to write well-engineered, robust code
- Contribute to the design of the application architecture and its constituent software components
- Work with team to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Contribute to the innovation, data, design, critique, and continual improvement of the app
- Keep up to date with the latest capabilities and features of each Android release
- 4+ years of experience building high-quality Android apps
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience shipping at least one app, currently in Google Play Store is ideal
- Experience writing and utilizing unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description