Senior Android Engineer (Open to Remote!) at Tinder (Greater LA Area, CA)
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As a Senior Android engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
In addition to our flexible remote options across the United States, by applying to this role you can be considered for all Android roles currently available in our Los Angeles, San Francisco and/or Palo Alto offices. Currently, our teams are working together remotely and we've adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires. Our in-person offices will reopen when it is safe to do so.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build new compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Coordinate with the product and design team(s) influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services
- Create and maintain internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate and learn with innovative and passionate team members
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of professional experience building native Android applications
- Significant experience building applications in Kotlin
- A strong software architect well versed in design patterns (e.g. you've worked with MVP, Clean/MVVM, and know the benefits of each. You've written your own Repositories and Factories)
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection and has implemented Dagger
- Experience writing your own test scripts
Nice to Have
- Experience designing and architecting full stack applications, including API design and UI wireframing
- Someone who understands material design guidelines (e.g. you know how to be a good Android citizen while maintaining a strong unique brand identity)
- Clear communicate style within a collaborative team environment
- The ability to combine good judgement, empathy, and technical skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.