Senior Additive Manufacturing Engineer at Relativity Space
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing, and operational processes to create the first 21st-century aerospace company. Our propulsion team is currently seeking a Senior Additive Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for developing and scaling additive processes to produce our revolutionary Aeon engines.
To help achieve our ambitious goals, as a Sr. Additive Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Develop in-house and supplier processes capable of scaling to meet future Terran 1 launch vehicle demand.
- Generate and release additive process specifications to control product quality
- Establish build qualification and product acceptance criteria
- Implement in-process monitoring systems to screen process anomalies and build defects
- Analyze results from downstream fabrication and testing operations to inform process improvements
- Provide design for additive manufacturing (DFAM) feedback and guidance to component owners and designers.
- Develop and maintain mechanical testing databases to inform design allowable material properties
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Undergraduate (BS) degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or other relevant engineering field
- 5+ years of additive manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in additive manufacturing processes development, including but not limited to DMLS, DED, and SLS
- Expert level knowledge of additive software for build file preparation, process simulation, and in-process monitoring
- Experience with non-destructive evaluation and dimensional inspection methods for additive hardware
- Fundamental understanding of metallurgy and welding principles
- Demonstrated ability to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Strong mentality toward safety and occupational hazards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions and minimal oversight
- Proven judgment in making coupled technical and business decisions balancing both big picture and execution-oriented factors
- Some travel for work required (approximately 20%)
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in mechanical, manufacturing, or other relevant engineering field
- 7+ years of additive process experience
- Prior experience with spacecraft, launch vehicle, and/or aircraft propulsion systems
- Siemens NX and Teamcenter experience with an understanding and application of GD&T per ASME Y14.5-1994
- CAM software experience for CNC programming
- Experience implementing ERP, warehousing, and MES systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.