With 99% uptime, our successful team is growing to meet the demands of 30% user growth over the last 12 months, and counting. We are looking to add a Security Engineer to drive Grindr’s initiatives that protect the security of millions of users across the globe. 4M daily (10M monthly) users means you will have the opportunity to build and support the infrastructure and services that allow Grindr to move fast, securely and at scale.
Grindr App Quick Stats:
- 20k API calls every second
- 10k Chats every second
- 300+ EC2 Instances Running
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering, IT, Legal/Compliance, and other engineers to create solutions to complex security problems, while documenting processes that will keep our user’s data secure. You will also be responsible for collaborating on defining and implementing Grindr’s compliance strategy, tools, and processes to ensure all environments meet industry and security best practices.
- Analyze and develop operations of company-wide information security resources
- Set-up and configure log monitoring across all aspects of AWS security
- Enhance the security of Grindr’s corporate infrastructure and tools (provide guidance on tools that can be used to effectively automate, monitor and review logs across the AWS environment)
- Develop, implement and monitor the company’s Information Security program (security controls, threats, data flows, and countermeasures)
- Provide security input, insight, and guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies (including providing guidance to our CTO, VP of Business and Legal Affairs, Global Compliance Manager & Data Protection Officer)
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services
- Use current programming languages and technologies to write code, complete programming and perform testing and debugging of applications
- Examine impacts of new technologies on GRINDR’s overall information security (including learn about AWS and vendor tools that will improve the environment)
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- Experience with AWS technologies (e. g. Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Inspector, AWS Config, S3, Redshift)
- Experience with security setting-up and maintaining of security controls in AWS
- Knowledge with internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening with an emphasis on endpoint security (OSX, Windows, Linux, mobile platforms)
- Significant experience designing and maintaining high availability services at scale
- Experience with network and/or systems administrator in AWS
- Knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Security training certifications/credentials preferred
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage for medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm