As the leading provider of strategic enterprise education™, InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees and credentials to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We help organizations transform their businesses and achieve social impact by unlocking the power of education.
InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
We envision a company where security, compliance, and risk management are fully integrated into how each InStrider approaches their day-to-day work. You will lead our risk and compliance initiatives at InStride and work with our business units to help them realize that vision. At InStride, we are not only committed to protecting and preserving the security, safety, and integrity of InStride as a company and its employees but also our learners and partners. The company will look to you as our technical subject matter expert to help us identify and communicate threats and obstacles we face as an organization each day. You will also be accountable for ensuring InStride is maintaining compliance with applicable laws, licenses, and regulations in the regions that we do business. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Information Technology
- Define our compliance and risk assessment strategy
- Establish and lead a risk assessment committee to help identify and source the threats and risks to our company's compliance goals
- Create a compliance and risk matrix
- Work with our business units to help them understand our compliance gaps
- Provide guidance to our business units to help them prioritize their focus to achieve the greatest impact to our core compliance and security mission
- Ensure InStride maintains compliance with applicable laws, licenses, and regulations in the regions that we do business
- Lead our efforts to achieve SSAE 18 / SOC 2 Type II, ISO27001, 27002, 27018, and other industry standard certifications
- Assist with writing our security policies and track compliance against those policies
- Adapt our policies and processes to achieve our compliance goals in a cloud-centric SaaS world
- Proactively communicate and manage stakeholder expectations
- 5+ years experience in information security and risk management
- 2+ years experience leading a successful large-scale compliance effort for GDPR, PCI, SOX, ISO, or SSAE18 / SOC
- Experience working in (or with) large enterprise or Fortune 500 companies or in a compliance related office of the US Military
- Experience and familiarity with cloud data security and working with public cloud solutions (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Highly desired: experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards, DISA Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG), and FISMA/FedRAMP compliance
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society
- Exposure to higher education institutions through direct experience and/or passion for the education space
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Read Full Job Description