Security Engineer, Infrastructure Security - Production
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Security Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Infrastructure Security team, you will be tasked with building the security fabric of a modern massive scale infrastructure for one of the world’s largest cloud based environments. You’ll collaborate with all teams to build authentication and authorization for a mesh based service oriented architecture, security and policy enforcement systems for all of Snap’s production, as well as monitoring and intrusion detection at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement secure solutions for networking, orchestration, deployment configuration, and debugging of cloud services
- Design and implement services supporting the security of Snap’s large client and server footprint
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision with user privacy in mind
- Conduct in-depth security reviews of applications, production, and business integrations
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Be a champion for user privacy and security
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience designing and deploying large systems to Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience in Information Security
- Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience preferred
- A knack for creativity and desire to build state of the art systems with strong security as a principle
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience in designing and building identity and authentication systems
- In-depth kubernetes, container and OS level security experience
- A love of learning and passionate about helping others
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].