Security Engineer, Data Privacy
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Privacy team, you will be tasked with building the internal security fabric of a modern massive scale infrastructure for one of the world’s largest cloud based environments. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with all teams to work on user and service mesh authentication and authorization, security and policy enforcement systems for all of Snap’s production as well as monitoring and intrusion detection at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement secure solutions for networking, orchestration, deployment configuration, and debugging of cloud services
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision with user privacy in mind
- Design and implement services supporting the security of Snap’s large client and server footprint
- Conduct in-depth security reviews of applications, production, and business integrations
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Considering user privacy and security a core value
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience designing and deploying large systems to Google Cloud or AWS
- Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience preferred
- A knack for creativity and desire to build state of the art systems with strong security as a principle
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- Experience in the information security field
- Experience working with distributed systems preferred
- Experience in designing and building identity and authentication
- In-depth kubernetes, container and OS level security experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].