Section Manager - Advanced Visualization and Mobile Development at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of innovative tools and applications in support of many of our government customers. From virtual reality and augmented reality, to web, cloud, and desktop visualization, VITD evaluates and creates unique visual experiences that present data and analysis to key decision makers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive engineering manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, and Commitment to Our People, Integrity, and Objectivity.
- Serve as the manager of the Advanced Visualization and Mobile Development Section, assist the Dept. Director in managing the department’s portfolio of projects
- Overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams and manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Define and execute against project plans and commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the software development team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated hands-on approach
- Mentor and empower section staff. Grow and develop talent
- Support the department mission of fostering a positive work culture that drives engagement from staff
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent scientific and engineering discipline
- Experience in leading software development teams in projects
- Able to write and review project proposals and give constructive feedback and critique
- Proven experience in delivering successful multi-year application projects
- Able to engage customers and able to communicate project status and proposals
- Project management experience with Agile and other methodologies
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Seven or more years of experience in a technical or engineering role with increasing responsibility
- In depth knowledge of cloud platforms and front-end visualization frameworks
- Able to work with external contractors and objectively evaluate progress
- Ability to obtain Top Secret or SCI clearance
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.